Homeschooling has been quietly experiencing a surge over the past decade with more than 2.3 million students now participating in a home-based education, according to the National Home Education Research Institute. While the overall school-age population in the U.S. grew by about 2.0 percent from spring 2012 to spring 2016, data from 16 states showed that homeschooling grew by about 25 percent in those states. Research suggests homeschooling produces children who have higher self-esteem, are more compassionate, less susceptible to peer pressure, and are more actively involved in their communities. On traditional measures of academic achievement, homeschooled students outperform traditional students on standardized tests and have higher college graduation rates than their peers.
Our families choose Da Vinci Connect and homeschooling for many reasons. Here are a few they report:
- Homeschooling allows families to truly know how their children learn
- Homeschooling provides opportunities to explore passion projects
- Da Vinci Connect focuses on the learner as much as the learning
- Homeschooling enables the flexibility to participate in extracurricular learning that there is often little time for when students spend 35+ hours per week at school
- Da Vinci Connect has amazing, passionate and compassionate teachers!
- Project-based learning is awesome!